Thursday, November 1, 2007

Pomp & Circumstance

We're graduating!! That's right, we had our 8 week u/s today with the RE and everything looks so good we get to graduate back to my regular OB. It was amazing to see how much Lefty has changed over the past 2 weeks. No longer just a blob, now there's a definable head, body and little army things. The heartbeat is nice and strong at 162 bpm and we're still measuring a day or 2 ahead at 8w4d. We even got to hear the heartbeat for a few seconds which was beyond cool.

So as you can tell, at the moment I am feeling great about things. Even Mr. W. who is keeping his emotions at bay this time around, is getting excited. This is the latest "good" ultrasound we've seen. Although I made it to 10 weeks with my 1st pregnancy, our furthest u/s was at 7 weeks. So this is pretty exciting for us. I have a sense of relief...at least for another week or so until I start stressing about the 10 week u/s scheduled for November 15th.

So keep praying, keep fingers crossed and keep holding your breath for us cause it's not over yet.

Thanks for all the love and support!

14 comments:

jill b said...

Oh, little Lefty is so loved already! I'm so happy you had a good sono! :)

choose me. . . . love me said...

Oh, wow, that is so great! The 8 week ultrasound is definitely cool with how much you can see already formed, I remember. And, I love that heartbeat! I'm so glad for you!

Prairie Girl said...

That's fantastic! Hang in there...you and Lefty are never far from my thoughts.

Very happy you had such a wonderful u/s. Postive thoughts from here on out!!! :D

The Doeblers said...

yay! We are so excited for all three of you!!

Angela said...

Yippee!! so happy for you and hubby!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! How wonderful for you both. Keep hanging in there and thinking positive. Hooray!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you and hubby! Definitely praying for you every day! Miss you! Jenny

Kim said...

Yay! And 162 - that sounds like a little girl heartbeat to me! :)

tracey said...

As we say at Fair Oaks, WOOO HOOO! I'm raising a glass in your honor!

hammygirl said...

Woo Hoo! That's awesome news!

Laura said...

Yay! Your post gave me chills. I am so happy for you!

Katie said...

Congratulations on your graduation, Lefty! Flip that tassle!

I am so happy for you!

Mindy said...

Congratulations -- sounds like you're off to a great start!

My_Herstory said...

Awww, congrats! That must be awesome to see!! H&H 9m months!