Monday, August 30, 2010

Post Pregnancy Weight Loss Tip

Anyone out there looking for the secret to weight loss after baby? The answer is apparently gall stones. :-)

Over the past couple weeks between the stomach problems and the new diet I have to live by in order to stay pain free, the pounds are falling off. I've gotta say I can't complain. The pain I had was horrendous....but the vanity in me thinks it was almost (but not quite) worth it for what I'm seeing on the scale.

Pounds put on with pregnancy: 50. Pounds currently down: 35. Fifteen to go is still quite a bit....but I wasn't down this far after Grayson til he was almost a year old. It was a looooong journey of weight loss for me last time. So this is a nice change...albeit for a crappy (haha...no pun intended) reason.

I met with the surgeon on Friday and the gall bladder is definitely coming out. Probably around the 15th or so of the month (exact date tbd later this week). So for 2 1/2 more weeks I am living on the most boring, bland, lowfat diet ever. I really am starving and going crazy. But the results on the scale help keep me sane. And the great thing is, since I changed the way I eat last weekend I haven't had any pain. Phew. I don't think I could live with that another day even.

So for now, I'm cranky and hungry....but slightly smaller. Which is almost kinda sorta worth it.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I'm sorry that you have to have surgery, but glad that the pain is controlled for now.

And I can't say that I wouldn't love the "side effect" of substantial weight loss. Though you are right, it's not worth it. But since you had to live through the pain, you might as well have the gain. . . or loss, in this case! :)

Disney dvds said...

how felicity!