Monday, September 14, 2009

Firsts

The past 15 1/2 months have been full of too many "firsts" to keep track of.

First time Grayson smiled
First time he said "mama"
First crawl
First steps
First explosive poop
First tooth
First time puking in the car
First time playing in the snow
First time in the pool
First trip to Disney world...and puking in the car

This weekend we were outdoors having fun at a wine festival and Grayson did another first. We were walking next to each other, and he reached up for my hand. Melt my heart! Now, we hold hands a lot when we walk, but up to this point I've had to grab his. But not this time. He looked up at me, smiled, and reached up. I wish I could have it on video, but I know it will be forever engrained perfectly in my brain.

Oh it's the moments like this that make every tear shed in the "trying" worth it, and make me know that I can go through the "trying" again, even if it gets hard again.

2 comments:

tracey said...

sweet.

Katie said...

What a sweet post. I could just picture it and it brought tears to my eyes.