Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Phew!

It has been a busy, busy week and a half. A week ago Saturday and Sunday I was showered - not once, but twice. Saturday was the family shower and out of town friends....Sunday was the church shower with all the ladies from my church. It was a whirlwind of smiling, opening presents and eating cake. I was exhausted at the end of it all and overwhelmed by all the gifts. We piled everything into the house and I have finally finished putting everything in it's proper spot. All his little clothes are washed and in his closet, his bedding is on his crib, his bathroom is set up, his pack n play, swing and bouncy seat are put together and waiting for him, his bathroom is ready to go. I even have finished all the thank you notes. Today I sent out a whopping 101 thank you cards to the guests from all the showers. That's a lot of postage $$! But I am so thankfull for all the loot and our registries at both Babies r us and pottery barn kids are pretty much wiped out....which is huge.

I am so thankful for all the great stuff and a little overwhelmed by generosity. Also overwhelmed with the feeling of being done with all the preparations and having not much else to do but wait for the little guy to cook a little more so he can come out. This is a wierd and strange place to be. A great place....but an odd feeling for sure. The nesting is complete and now it's time for him to come. 2 months to go...we're in the home stretch.

Wow...this is really going to happen.

1 comment:

tracey said...

Got my thank you card this afternoon. i figured everybody poops and the gas we pass would make good "bonding with daddy moments", plus provide Bubba with a little reading material in the meantime.