So in the last week, I've done an every 3rd night rotation. Every 3rd night I pop a pill and have glorious sleep. The other 2 nights....well, they are hit or miss. Some are ok, with at least enough sleep to stay sane. Others are like tonight. Here's what it looks like thus far.
- 9 p.m. - Head upstairs to start process of getting in bed/going to sleep
- 9:30 - husband falls asleep, so I turn off the tv (he gets up at 4:30 so he's often first to pass out - and he requires tv to sleep to....so I'm nice and oblige)
- 10:00 - I doze off for first time
- 12 a.m. - up for first pee
- 12:30 - wake up again, try to get comfortable, go back to sleep
- 1 a.m. - up for 2nd pee
- 1:30 - wake up again - try to get comfortable, go back to sleep
- 2 a.m. - up for 3rd pee - so annoying!
- 2:45 a.m. - been wide awake since 2, so get out of bed, head downstairs. I make hubs coffee for a.m. and pack his lunch (since i forgot last night), snack on a pop tart and a small glass of milk. Facebook chat with my sister who happens to be up with her son. Read some emails and blogs, watch Enews.
- 4 a.m. - Write a blog post about my sleep woes
- 4:30 a.m. - My plan is to head back up to bed once David's alarm goes off. Once he's out of bed I can toss and turn and sprawl and hopefully get comfortable enough to get a couple more hours in before G wakes up.
Phew! This kinda helped. Just writing all that drama out is making me sleepy!
I seriously am excited about a newborn and the middle of the night feedings. Cause if I'm going to be up anyway, I just assume have something to do!
Question though, if you were me would you take the am.bien every other day? instead of every 3rd? Or tough it out? I just don't know what to do! I know the doc said it's safe, I just really, really hate to take something if I don't need to.