Monday, March 1, 2010

Coming Attractions

I hit 20 weeks tomorrow. Halfway there! To say that time is crawling by is an understatement. Everyone said second pregnancies fly by. They lied. There are moments it feels as though time is standing still; that I've been pregnant forever already and that it is forever and ever until July 21st. So, to help myself pass the time, I've decided to set myself some other mile markers in the form of my favorite past time.

It's no secret I love movies. My water broke with Grayson at the movies, and he was out to see his first one at 2 weeks old. Now granted, since his birth I don't get to see all the movies I'd like, but for the most part we get in one a week still, which ain't bad. So, here is a list of movies I can't wait for, along with a countdown to Sawyer. I need shorter goals here than the one 20 weeks away. For some odd reason, I feel like this will help.

Alice In Wonderland

1 week (well, 4 days really) 'til movie release
20 weeks from Sawyer's due date
Why I Can't Wait: Disney film + Johnny Depp playing a trippy character - which is what he does best



Date Night
6 weeks 'til movie release
Just shy of 15 weeks from Sawyer's due date
Why I Can't Wait: Tina Fey and Steve Carrell are 2 of the funniest people on the planet. So glad they are finally teaming up.



Death at a Funeral
7 weeks 'til movie release
Just shy of 14 weeks from Sawyer's Due Date
Why I Can't Wait: I LOVED the British version and even own it. The casting in this one looks great and I can't wait to see what they do with the remake.



Sex & The City 2
13 weeks 'til movie release
Just shy of 8 weeks from Sawyer's Due Date
Why I Can't Wait: I LOVED this series. I own all the seasons, have watched every episode at least 5 times. And, it's good luck. My water broke with Grayson the day after seeing the 1st movie.



The A-Team

15 weeks 'til movie release
Just shy of 6 weeks til Sawyer's due date
Why I Can't Wait: Freeze frame the trailer at exactly 1:00. That's why I can't wait.



The Twilight Saga: Eclipse
17 1/2 weeks til movie release (Wednesday opening)
3 weeks from Sawyer's due date (wooohooo! we're getting closer!)
Why I Can't Wait: To say I'm obsessed with these books and movies doesn't cut it. I've been to midnight book releases and movie openings, and I'm sure this one is no exception. I even have plans already to host a twilight themed pampered chef party on the midnight release night!

Sigh...no trailer to show yet, but it comes out in the next week or so and I will post.

After Eclipse, I'm in the home stretch...the month of July. Here's to hoping I go 10 days early with Sawyer, like I did with Grayson!

2 comments:

jill b said...

Hopefully I'll be there for the last one... then you can go into labor while I'm in VA so I can meet Sawyer :) Just let him know that's the plan!

Katie said...

I didn't even know they were making most of these. Sigh, I am so out of the loop.

I am also wondering (and JEALOUS) what your childcare situation is that you are able to get away to a movie once a week? Do you have family in town? A regular, paid sitter? Friend trade? Inquiring minds want to know!!!