Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Alive & Well

Sorry for my silence. Things have been busy....but good. Quick updates for now, more to come later...

Finally posted the Birth Story, so check that out

My back is doing MUCH better. That unfortunately sucked a week away of my life where I had to have constant help to take care of my boys. But thanks to physical therapy I'm doing way better. Still hitting PT 2 times a week to keep things stable, but I am pain free. I just get a little tight now and then, which I can deal with.

Sawyer is a little piggy! At his 2 week appt. he weighed in at just shy of 10 lbs putting him in the 99th percentile for weight. Quite the change from Grayson - who normally was in the 3rd percentile (as in 3%).

Weight Update - I'm 24 lbs down - pretty much halfway there as I gained 50 lbs yet again. It does seem to be coming off a bit faster this time. I attribute that to Sawyer and the amount he eats - which is quite a bit! Still have a looooooong way to go though to be back in any of my clothes.

Adjusting to Two. I think I've settled into life with my 2 boys quite well. For the most part it doesn't overwhelm me and I'm able to do all that I need to on my own. We've ventured out without trouble and had lovely days at home. It definitely has it's challenging moments but it's not as bad as I thought it would be.

Date Night - Yes! They are back. Last friday we left both boys with a sitter so that we could go out and celebrate my husband's bday. Sawyer did great, eating a bottle and going to bed as he should. The night was a success so we are doing it again this Friday! I LOVE my regular sitter, and HATE that I'm losing her to college again in a few weeks. So...we are taking advantage of having a trusted person watching S while we can.

No comments: