Sunday, August 8, 2010

What Goes Up Must Come Down

Boy do I have a little piggie on my hands in Sawyer. He eats. He eats a lot. One nice benefit of this, is that the pregnancy poundage seems to be shedding a little quicker this time.

With Grayson the weight loss was a slooooooooow road. I think for a combination of factors. 1 - He didn't eat as much...just was a smaller dude. 2 - I think milk supply never got off to a great start since I had to establish it with pumping while he was in the NICU. 3- It was hard to get into the eating right/working out and getting down to pre-pregnancy weight mind set when I knew I just wanted to be pregnant again, and soon. Why work so hard when the ultimate goal was to put it right back on?

So this time it's different. Different baby, different milk production, different mentality towards losing it. Sawyer is 4 weeks old tonight and I am down 27 of the 50 lbs I gained. Now, this is still a long long way from where I need to be. But when Grayson was 8 weeks old, I was only down 25 lbs of that same 50. So I consider this huge progress for me. Right now I'm still going down 2 lbs or more a week, and hope that sticks for a while. Plus, soon I'll get the all clear to work out again which will be nice.

And on the workout front, I've just registered myself for the Disney World half marathon in January. I'm going to be running it with my college roommate while will be great. Now, I'm not really a natural runner. I ran all through high school and college, but never enjoyed doing it, just enjoyed the end results. And I've never done a race that long. And I am crazy out of shape. But, I think this will be a great way for me to lose the rest of the pounds and I love having a goal in mind. I'll start training in September. Should be fun and awful all at the same time.

But for now...I'm grateful for my 27 and look forward to getting the rest of this off and being in my clothes again.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Wow! Congrats on your phenomenal weight loss! And good luck with the training! I really hate running, but don't mind walking and did a lot of it when Will was an infant to work off some of the pregnancy pudge.