We also have picked out a new furniture set for the little one, but if it's a girl we are thinking white finish, and if it's a boy we're thinking espresso finish.
So many decisions out there to be completed, but alas, I've been in the waiting game. I'm so, so, SO excited about tomorrow. I imagine I won't sleep tonight.
A lot of people have asked me what I'd like to have. The answer is an 100% truthful "I really don't care". There are definite pros and cons to both.
If it's a boy:
- Simpler - I already have most the stuff
- Names - I'm more sold on our boy name than girl (I like the girl name, just not the possible nickname)
- I know how much I love my little boy and love the idea of saying "my boys"
- Yea! pink things!
- Our families would be pretty pumped - right now there is only 1 girl on each side in the grandkid department (1 out of 3 so far on David's side; 1 out of 6 so far on my side).
- A girl could be nice cause we all know girls are the ones who really take care of the parents when we are old. :-)
- And lastly, if it's a girl, there is a good chance we will hang up our having kids hat if we want to. (although it's possible we could still go for a 3rd - with another boy it's more likely we will go for number 3)
I have to admit. When they said it was a boy at my last ultrasound, I cried. And no, it wasn't tears of joy (which is what I lied and told my husband), but tears of disappointment. I really wanted not just A girl but ALL girls, like the way I grew up. I thought I wouldn't know what to do with a boy. Now on the other hand, I totally LOVE the idea of all boys.
I can't stand the waiting, but it will soon all be over. I will be sure to blog tomorrow early in the day with an update! (Our appt is at 8 a.m. EST - if I recall from last time it was about a 45 minute appt.)