Thursday, February 11, 2010

Pregnancy Must Have #2

Ok, now this one may seem simple and unimportant, but it helped me get some much needed rest as my bump began to grow last time around.

Pregnancy Must Have #2 - Invest in a pair of slinky, satiny PJ's. No, no, not like a sexy nighty or anything, but a pair of large men's style pj's. Like these ones pictured to the right:



Why do you need these you ask? Well, I don't know about you, but as my bump started to grow, I found myself waking up in the middle of the night as I was turning over because I would get "caught" on my belly. It would get in the way, making it impossible to make a smooth flip in my sleep. These satin pj's glide along the sheets and helped me make some flips in the night without waking up from getting caught on my big ole' belly.

Now, it's not a permanent fix. As the stomach grows there is absolutely nothing that can fix the problem and bring good sleep. But this little tip can bring you weeks, if not a couple months of extra zzzz's.

Don't spend alot of money on them - I got mine at Target for about $19.99 from the Gilligan & O'Malley brand. Also, don't forget to go up a size or two to allow room for growth. And, as an added bonus, these type of pj's work great for nursing once the baby comes as they allow easy access to the feeders. :-)

Happy shopping!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I had a pair of these last time around, too! I forgot about them (my girlfriend still has all of my maternity clothes and I won't get them back until next week) and now can't WAIT to dig 'em out!

I put up some belly pics! Do you have any to share?